In the beginning, there were church architectural services.
Church Development Services (CDS) was founded nearly 30 years ago to assist churches with the design and construction of their facilities. Over that time, we have created a comprehensive library of church building plans, and assembled a team of licensed church architects and construction managers specializing in church and/or church related development.
Our church building plans, and church floor plans have been built all over the continental United States. Our model of delivery has always been and will continue to be ministry focused.
In 2010, CDS expanded the scope of its development, construction, and architectural services through the acquisition of certain assets from ChurchPlansForLess.com (CPFL), ChurchPlanSource.com (CPS), and DigitalChurchPlans.com (DCP), making CDS the largest source of online church plans in the world. These acquisitions allow CDS and its affiliate companies to meet the needs of nearly any church, from small to mega with the appropriate service at the appropriate price. If full service is not your missing ingredient then visit our affiliate companies to find the right solution for your church.
Four Divisions – One Goal - CDS offers more than a premier church building plans. In addition to the church design division, CDS is comprised of three other divisions, church consulting, financial services, and construction. Today, CDS can meet every need a church will have in the journey from planning to dedication of its new facilities. For more information, please see our Services page.
Our Spiritual Focus
Church Development Services is a paid ministry whose goal is to honor scripture and provide superior value to the church.
Church building is our ministry, and we make it our business to ensure churches spend their resources wisely.
Our ministry role is to get involved when facilities hinder the work of ministry, but our outreach does not stop with the local church. As a company, we support the ministries of Orphan Network and Young Life Capernaum and others with our time, talent, and financial support.
Our mission is to honor God by providing the highest and best value as Church Expansion Specialists, and to protect the Church in the delivery of their chosen solution .
We do this through education, consulting, affordable design, and cost-saving construction methods tailored to the unique needs of each church. Church Development Services provides any or all of the missing ingredients to a successful church building program.
To minimize potential negative results in church development and expansion, Church Development Services started an on-site consulting service more than fifteen years ago to compliment our design, finance, and construction divisions. Within the church, Building Committees often have difficulty leading the church to a final resolution because of vital missing ingredients. Church Development Services and our network of resources consult with churches to provide proven processes and answers to their specific church building questions.
How do we accomplish Our Mission?
- Through consultations leading to designs that are ministry driven, budget conscious, sensitive to cost-savings techniques, and are tailored to fit the individual needs of each church.
- By not only helping you plan well, but also helping your church raise the money to achieve the vision.
- With licensed architects and engineers who specialize in church and church-related building design, people with an understanding of church, a love of the Lord and His church.
- Our construction management process delivers your project at the lowest real cost in your market, and assures cost savings pass through to the church and reinforces the church’s control over their project.
- By providing or arranging church financing, through traditional and non-traditional sources, including but not limited to loans, mezzanine financing, second mortgages, bond programs, individual investors and lease-purchase arrangements.
- In partnership with commercial developers who can help take excess land and turn it into an income-producing asset to fund ministry.
- By being able to provide a complete turnkey solution for your church development campaign.